This week, we found the following articles on wood logs and firewood particularly captivating:
- A pine beetle infestation in Colorado left a trail of destruction in the forests of Summit County. But at least artist Tim Sabo was able to put the pine beetle kill wood to good use in his art work, as Kimberly Nicoletti explains in this article.
- Rachelle uses tree stumps for her natural playground, filling her children’s little hearts with some natural delight. She describes how she did it and why you should too on Tinkerlab.
- The interior design blog Interiorholic notes that storing firewood indoors is not as crazy as it sounds and in fact can be a great way to add some warmth to your home.
- Yahoo Contributor Tammy Lee Morris shares some tips for stacking and storing firewood and warns against a few problems that might arise from improper stacking.
- Everyone is concerned about fuel-efficiency these days and that’s why The Ecologist wrote this guide on how to season your firewood correctly. Read it and learn how to make your firewood more efficient.
- Considering the great importance of drying your firewood before using it as fuel, we felt it wise to provide a short set of rules for proper storing and stacking in our commentary.